Monday, September 20, 2010

Leaving Aghios Pavlos and Yoga Plus

This morning was hectic, left Yoga Plus early (after quite a few hugs and kisses from the owners of the centre, Pierre and Radha and my new friends here including the two cooks I worked with over the last 8 weeks)... 0830 for Spili by taxi. Had a lovely evening out last nite with five new friends ... both guests and coworkers ... it was a perfect nearly full moon nite, we sat way up on the hill at a taverna overlooking the rocky bay of Aghios Pavlos eating flavourful Greek vegetarian food. What a memorable nite, it was quickly followed by our favourite Baklava, a sweet, honey laden dessert. This morning came far too early, the taxi ride through the mountains and a lovely cafe au lait at a small outdoor (of course, everything is here as it is still very hot, around 30-35 degrees C during the day) ... then the bus to the north coast, Rethymno and on to Chania, arriving midday. I had some referrals for hotels and am staying in the old city ... traces of Turkish and Venetian pasts ... in a little hotel owned by Nelli. During a visit to a small cafe down the lane from my hotel, I met a Greek older man who has lived/worked in Canada, has offered to help me find an apartment for the week when Wally and I are here from the 28th to early October ... should be interesting. It's lovely here, I am enjoying the husstle and busstle ... for how long??? When will I yearn for the quiet of the beach and hidden southern coves?

No comments:

Post a Comment